Thursday 24 August 2017

Sensory umbrellas

It's been a busy day today. I've been in to school again to continue sorting through my cupboards and getting organised for September as it is fast approaching!

I've been in a very productive mood though as I've come home wanting to make some sensory umbrellas. I thought I would give you a quick extra post this week to share what I've made tonight.

I went through the cupboard and dug out some odd bits and bobs. It's often the things you keep forever thinking you will at some point find a use for them!



I know they look the same but these are not the bows from yesterdays blog, we were not spending £10 for a bow!! Hannah went into town today to find large storage boxes (she came back empty handed - why on earth are plastic boxes so expensive?!) but found these at £1.99 each instead and she couldn't resist. It needs another set of fairy light on it though. I've added some other bows using the neon ribbon that I bought in Tiger yesterday too. 



I love this rainbow brolly! I often put a status on Facebook asking my lovely friends for donations but also on the buy it sell it pages. A lovely retired teacher donated 20 wonderful umbrellas which are amazing! Don't feel ashamed of asking for freebies, people often have things lying around they would like to go to a better home. I managed to get a chest of drawers and a four man tent this summer!
I found these wiggly snakes and some bird finger puppets and thought I'd add them. I thought the snakes would be great to encourage children to reach up as the umbrella has a lot of movement. 






I adore this giant umbrella from Tiger. We've had this one for a while but it's the first time I've opened it. I originally planned to use it for the bows as I thought it was black but in fact the inside is this great shiny silver. I automatically thought spacey/ metallic. I love these fairy lights I've got that are bronze and like planets. Hannah bought the glow in the dark stars today and we've had these hanging mirror bells lying around in the cupboard for a while. It's multi-sensory. It makes a great jingle!

If you make any sensory umbrellas we would love to see them! If you try any of our ideas such as our sensory story we would love to hear how you've got on. We do have an email sensorydispensary@gmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment